Story time...
Yesterday afternoon I was doing laundry and had to go to the basement to change loads. We have a door to the basement and I always close the door so Ethan can't follow me and fall down the stairs. Well yesterday I closed the door as I normally do, changed loads and was walking back up the steps (Do you know where I'm going with this?!) and heard someone playing with the slide lock at the bottom of the door. Guess who? Ethan had managed to lock the door on me! (At this point in time, I'm labeling him as innocent until proven guilty. I don't think he knew he was locking me out...)
I then proceeded to climb out our crawlspace to get outside from the basement door. I thought well, I'll just grab the spare key we have in the shed and unlock the back door. Wrong. I had had both the front and back doors open and had the storm doors locked. So no key that I had would unlock those doors! At this point I started to hear Ethan crying but couldn't see him. I started panicking a little and ran to the neighbor's house to see if I could use their phone to call for help. Didn't work either. I went to 4 different neighbors and noone was home! Where was everyone?? I finally flagged down the next car that was driving by and asked if they had a cell phone. Thankfully they did and I called Greg, Josh's dad. Bless his heart, he came over and ended up breaking down the basement door to get in! Ethan was by himself for probably 15-20 mins. What a blessing that he was ok and hadn't gotten hurt, especially since I couldn't see him. What a crazy afternoon!! Greg, thank you SO much for rescuing us!!
So what do you think this title should be???
2 comments:
Let's see. A title..."Why no one is ever REALLY ready for parenting". Ha! I was hoping you'd tell us what happened after I saw the comment on your Facebook page.
OH MY!!! I would be freaking out!!
Glad to hear all is well!
Post a Comment