Yesterday afternoon we went to Zanesville to visit our friends Daniel and Jennifer who had their little boy, Brayden Brodrick, on Friday morning. Jen wasn't due for another 4 weeks, but after having a check-up with her doctor, sent her straight to the hospital to be induced since her blood pressure was extremely high. They were afraid of her having seizures and other complications if they waited. So Brayden was born weighing a little over 5 lbs, and has lost some weight since then. His lungs are not fully developed, and he's being fed through an IV at this time. Both Jen and Brayden could use your prayers since they will both be at the hospital for awhile yet, but I can tell you that he is one beautiful little miracle! Here are a few pics I took from the neo-natal ICU.
What a precious little boy!
Since Ethan had been in the car for awhile and had been so patient while we ran some errands, we took him to the mall to run around for awhile before we headed back home. He loves going down the slide and playing with the other kids that he meets.
Hiding in the teepee!
Trying to catch the other boys...
Climbing up...
...and sliding down!
And again!
2 comments:
I will certainly be keeping them in my prayers! Just hearing about this brings back memories. Bless their hearts.
Julia,
PLEASE tell Jenn and Daniel we will be praying for them. I was induced three weeks early because of this same thing, but Gracie was a pound bigger and her lungs were developed. I know how tough it was, I can't imagine how they must be feeling with him still in the hospital. Please let her know I am here if she needs anything! Feel free to share my email or phone number with her. Ethan looks like he's feeling better - too cute!
Post a Comment