Wednesday, July 21

Baby Amaya

Last Thursday I went into labor and waited for awhile before calling my doctor thinking that I might not be right....well sure enough, by the time Josh got home and we headed to the hospital my contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. I was progressing very quickly. The nurses and doctors hurried to get my IV's in, blood draws done, paperwork completed, etc. By the time I was back in the delivery room my contractions were one upon another. I had no breaks from them. Trying to get my spinal in for the surgery proved to be difficult and after some time the doctor decided they needed to take the baby and it didn't matter that my spinal hadn't numbed me in the area the incision needed to be made in. They didn't have time to wait. So needless to say, after feeling all the pain during labor and during the surgery, it was another rough delivery. Beautiful Amaya Marie has been worth every moment of pain though. She really is the sweetest baby girl. We are truly blessed!! Here are just a few pictures from the past few days...enjoy!!





























3 comments:

Rachel B said...

congrats! She's adorable!

Doug, Christy, Ella and Lucy said...

Congrats! She is beautiful!

Ashley said...

She's beautiful Julia!! Can't wait to talk to you on the phone and catch up a little bit :) Miss you guys!!