Wednesday, May 6

Happy Birthday Ethan!!



It's hard to believe our little boy is two today! Looking back at the past 24 months, I can see how God has been and continues to work in Ethan's life as well as our own. I don't know how many of you realize what a true miracle it is that Ethan and I are here today to celebrate this blessed day together. During childbirth, Ethan and I both almost lost our lives and my eyes are filling with tears in praise to my Lord as I write this. He allowed both of us to live that day and the moments we have been blessed with since then are moments that will always be truly treasured. Many of you know what a struggle Josh and I have had with Ethan since birth visiting numerous doctors, putting him through some agonizing tests, hospital stays, and some very trying times. I can tell you today that we are no longer who we were when Ethan was given to us two years ago, we are very much stronger in our faith and realize that life is not easy...it isn't meant to be. God told us we would face trials, and He says to consider them "joy"! I want the testing of my faith to develop perseverance, so that I may be complete and not lacking. It's amazing to me to see how He's used our "trials" thus far to mold us and to shape us into who He desires for us to be. We still have a lot of molding left to be done, but I don't ever want to be who I was before we were blessed with our little boy. I only want to grow and deepen in my love for my Lord and Savior. Thank you all who continue to pray with us as we embark on our journey in parenthood for this sesaon in our lives. We only want to bring God glory!
Happy 2nd Birthday my sweet little boy!! I love you!!

1 comment:

Jacie Wright said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ETHAN! Have a wonderful day little one :)