Monday, February 25

sickness

Well, the last several days Ethan has been dealing with a really bad cold. Bless his heart, he just sneezes and coughs all day and has had a fever off and on for about five days. Each day he continued to get worse. Yesterday Josh went to church and I stayed home with Ethan. Well I knew something was up when he didn't get up in the middle of the night like he normally does. And he usually sleeps in until about 7:30 every morning. I knew he hasn't been feeling well so I just kept letting him sleep when 8:00 past, then 9:00. I kept checking on him to make sure he was breathing, but just let him sleep. I finally went up to his room at 10:00 and made a little noise to try to wake him up and he finally opened his eyes, but nothing else moved. I picked him up and he felt really warm to me. I went to change his diaper, after 13 hours of sleeping, and he wasn't hardly even wet. All he wanted me to do was hold him. He didn't have enough energy to hold his head up. He just layed his head on my shoulder and never moved. I even picked up his arm and it just flopped back down. I tried to get him to eat or drink something and he wouldn't. I called the doctor on call and he told me to get to the ER. I called the church and someone got Josh and he came home right away, planning on going to the ER. Well, Josh somehow got Ethan to start drinking and he ate a little as well. He started to gain a little energy so we decided to wait on heading to the hospital. It was off and on all day with him being lethargic and then having a little more energy. He was just pretty dehydrated. So anyways, he is doing much better today. Praise God! It was just so scary not seeing him move or react at all yesterday. So, hopefully we're on the mend and he can get over this nasty sickness. For all of you who called and helped out yesterday, we appreciate it!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Wow Julia... I'm sure that was really scary... We'll be praying that he continues to get better... Poor little guy :(